Whether you’re DI broker, a life insurance agent or a financial planner, there are a few essential marketing tools that make selling or cross-selling income protection a whole lot easier. Below is a list of three must-haves:
1. A website that features disability insurance. In 2013, your customers are online and they expect you to be there too with lots of good information to help them make informed decisions. If you would like to grow your disability insurance quote volume, make sure your website includes:
- A dedicated income protection product page
- An online quote engine through which customers can enter their information and receive a disability insurance quote within 24 hours
- In income protection callout box on the home page
- Monthly blog articles addressing the need for income protection
2. A strategic email signature. When you send emails, make sure your name, contact information and logo are always listed at the bottom. This makes it easy for customers to contact you without searching for your information. In addition savvy brokers include helpful tips, reminders and links. For example, many of our contracted agents utilize this paycheck protection icon as part of their email signatures. It links directly to an online disability insurance quote engine.
3. Outreach letters and emails. It’s important to reach out to prospects and customers at least once a month so when they have a need and they’re ready to buy, they think of you first. Sales letters are a tried and proven way to keep in touch. And if you have email addresses, email is a highly cost-effective vehicle because it allows you to communicate without the expense of printing and postage.
DIS offers several free tools to help you upgrade your marketing presence. Click here to request your free quote engine today! And if you’re interested in effective, free email marketing, check out our broker computer assisted marketing tool. Also, if you didn’t already download our New Year prospecting letter, click the link to get it now!