Last modified: July 29, 2020
3) INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
User Information: Information you provide to us on or through the Services may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on the Services, uploading data, or requesting other information, services or collateral materials through the Services, including your name, email address, phone, address, location, gender, occupation, income, applicable medical conditions, general information as to the nature of your inquiry, or other information by which you may be identified (“personal information”);
- Information provided by you, your medical provider or authorized agent, that pertains to your past, present or future physical or mental health, the healthcare you have received, or payment for your health care (“personal health information”). For more information regarding your personal health information please review our HIPAA Privacy Notice.
- Information you provide by typing search queries.
- Information you provide when you contact customer support or report a problem with the Services, including your name, email address, and records and copies of such correspondence.
- You may be required to provide financial information before participating in any purchases or sales through the Services, and details to fulfill the transaction.
Health Information & HIPAA Privacy Notice: Our HIPAA Privacy Notice explains the types of personal health information that may be submitted through the Services, and how we treat that information. All health information you submit through the Services, including but not limited to information you provide in requesting a policy quote, or otherwise, is subject to, and governed by our HIPAA Privacy Notice. By accessing, installing, or otherwise using any of the Services, you agree to be bound by the HIPAA Privacy Notice, and consent to all actions taken by us with respect to your information in compliance with the HIPAA Privacy Notice.
4) INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
Types of Information: As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information related to your usage, diagnostic and performance reports, including:
- Usage: Details of your visits to our Services, including traffic data, usage details, location data, online status, log files and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Services.
- Devices & Connection: Information about your computer, device and Internet connection, including your IP address, hardware model, operating system and browser type, and mobile network information.
Types of Technology: The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, however we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. Technologies we use to collect data automatically may include:
- Analytics Tracking: Pages of the Services may contain tracking codes that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages, and for other related website statistics (for example, tracking visits to certain content, site performance and page speed, and search terms used to find the Services.)
5) THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION
We do not control parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Third-Party Providers: Further, we may work with third-party service providers to help improve our Services. When you interact with third-party providers, you may be providing information directly to the third party. For example, videos and content may be hosted through third-party platforms, and you may communicate post information through third-party social media, or communicate with third parties regarding policies, transactions, updates or marketing relating to your use of the Services.
Third-Party Users: Other users of the Services may provide us with information about you, such as your contact information, or may provide other information through the contact forms within the Services.
6) HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Purposes: Collecting this information helps us improve our Services and deliver a better, more personalized experience, by enabling us to:
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests, and recognize you when you return to the Services.
- Present, improve, fix, troubleshoot, customize and analyze our Services and its contents.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns, and improve performance and speed of the Services
- To communicate with you when you contact us, and provide you with information that you request from us, including but not limited to service requests, policy quotes and collateral materials.
- To facilitate purchases and sales relating to our services, and to communicate with you regarding purchase or sales transactions you enter into or request through the Services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which the information is provided, or for any other purpose with your consent.
- Contact you about goods or services that you may be interested in. If you do not want your information used for this purpose, you may opt-out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Aggregated Data: We may disclose aggregated information (statistical data that does not identify any individual) about our users without restriction. De-identified personal health information may be included in aggregate data for general purposes, including but not limited to research and development of products and services, population health research and intervention development, execution of third-party partnership contracts essential to key products, or evaluating the Services and functions of the Company.
Company Disclosure: Except as to personal health information, we may disclose information that we collect or you provide:
- To buyers or other successors in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, in which personal information held by the Company about our Services users is among the assets transferred.
- To subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or any other purpose disclosed by use with you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent.
8) MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION
Privacy Settings: You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Data Deletion: Please note that when you delete your data, all of your information may be deleted from our servers, except information we require to operate and provide the Services. Further, deleting your data does not affect the information that has been stored or shared by other parties.
9) DATA SECURITY
We, or through third-party service providers, have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Services.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about providing information in public areas where it may be viewed by others.
10) GEOGRAPHIC RESTRICTIONS
All of our Services are hosted in the United States, are only intended for users within the United States, and we make no claims that the Services or any of its content are accessible or appropriate outside of the United States. Please note, that many countries may have laws governing data collection and use that differ from U.S. law. If you choose to use the Services from any other country or region of the world, you should be aware that you are transferring your personal information outside of that country or region to the United States for storage and processing, and that we may also transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with the storing and processing of the data, fulfilling your requests, and/or operating the Services. Further, by using the Services, you may provide your information to users or third parties in countries outside the United States, regardless of where you are located when using the Services. By providing any information, including personal information, on or through the Services, you consent to such transfer, use, storage, and processing.
11) CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information on the Services, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on the Services, or on any of its features, do not make any purchases through the Services, request any information through the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12) YOUR QUESTIONS & COMMENTS
Mail: 4444 Zion Avenue, San Diego, CA 92120
Phone: (800) 898-9641
These Services are operated by DISABILITY INSURANCE SERVICES, INC.