DIS may collect nonpublic personal financial information about you or your clients from any or all of the following sources:
- Data from applications, account forms and questionnaires
- Information from transactions with us, our affiliates, our product sponsors or any other vendor agreement or arrangement of services
- Consumer reporting agencies and information from non-affiliated parties
- Both affiliated and unaffiliated sponsors with whom we have partnered with, as well as products you may own
We assure you that DIS will not share nonpublic personal information with any affiliated or unaffiliated parties, except as the law permits. Also, we will not share any nonpublic information for any marketing purpose, except as the law permits.
If you have requested services or products from DIS, we may need to share nonpublic personal information with affiliates and non-affiliates in order to fulfill your contract with us.
Some third parties we may share your information with include:
- Insurance companies and support organizations, as well as product sponsors to allow for the purchase of our products
- Your agent or broker
- Various businesses, such as banks and other financial institutions
- Law enforcement authorities
- Record keeping companies
When we do need to share your information with the above parties, there are contractual restrictions on how they may use and disclose your information.
To prevent unauthorized use or access to all nonpublic personal information, we have security procedures and policies in place. Within DIS, all nonpublic personal information can only be accessed by authorized personnel. DIS has established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to keep your information secure. These safeguards are in accordance with state and federal privacy regulations.
For more information, please contact us at 1-800-898-9641.
This DIS Web site and all of its contents are for the use of insurance agents. The purpose of this Web site is to educate and inform insurance agents, and to provide an easy-to-use guide to Disability Insurance Services’ products and offerings. All contents of this Web site are licensed to DIS. While DIS strives to post current and accurate information on this site, we are not responsible for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. Please verify all information before using it. For more information, please contact us at 1-800-898-9641.