Do you remember an event or time that changed the way you view life? Such an event happened to me when I was 10 years old. That year, my grandfather surprised me for my birthday by taking me to the performing arts center to see a show. This presentation changed my perspective forever.
What we witnessed during a two-hour matinée performance was truly magical. It was entertaining, but more importantly it was captivating and powerful to believe in magic. My belief in magic began to wear off as I got older. However, not as quickly as my family’s patience did that week, since I ran around the house pulling off blankets, throwing napkins and removing table cloths all while yelling “Abracadabra!” and “Ta-da!”
Whether you believe in magic or not, there are some lessons disability insurance professionals can learn from the art of magic.
- Pick a card, any card: Being able to provide several disability insurance options for your clients is very important, so they are able to ultimately choose the best coverage for their personal needs.
- Magic linking rings: Very often in the disability insurance business there are hoops to jump through, but the more you know about the insurance products you offer and the various processes to place such policies, the easier it will be to link your clients with the best product for their particular stage in life.
- Rabbit in the hat: Make sure your clients are aware of the specific language, policy provisions and additional riders so there are no hidden surprises within their disability insurance policies.
- Coin magic: Check to see if there are any possible discounts for your clients. Saving your client some serious coin with an association or multi-life discount can be beneficial for all parties.
- An assistant: Having an associate or insurance resource you can count on for advice or suggestions can usually make for smoother, more efficient business processes or even be the difference between making a sale and missing an opportunity.
Obviously, you don’t want to use deception, sleight-of-hand or illusions to sell disability insurance products … but do think about using a magician’s sound preparation time, top-notch presentation skills and excellent timing when protecting your clients’ financial futures. Voilà!
Need a disability insurance quote? Use our convenient online quote engine. Or, for a magical mobile experience, download our all-new quoting app for iPhones.